ONDC network is revolutionizing the e-commerce landscape, offering a wide range of opportunities for sellers and buyers. With its pan-India accessibility and promising features, the revolutionary open network setup has become a game-changer in the e-commerce industry.
Wondering what the ONDC network app is and how buyers and sellers both can use it? Interested in knowing why ONDC network is a goldmine for buyers and sellers of India?
Well, to put it straight, this government-backed initiative is going to reshape the Indian e-commerce landscape.
Eager to know everything about the ONDC network app? Stay tuned.
In this blog, Mystore brings answers to all the questions you have about the app for ONDC network. We will also explore the role of the Mystore seller app and the Mystore buyer app in leveraging the power of the ONDC network.
Let’s get started.
Table of Contents
- 1. What is ONDC network app?
- 2. How does ONDC network differ from traditional e-commerce platforms?
- 3. What are the benefits of using the ONDC network app for sellers?
- 4. How can sellers get started with the ONDC network app?
- 5. Is using the ONDC network app for sellers difficult to use? How can sellers manage day-to-day business with the app?
- 6. Can enterprise D2C brands and large B2B businesses also use the ONDC network app?
- 7. What are the benefits of using the ONDC network app for buyers?
- 8. Is the ONDC network app secure?
- 9. How can buyers get started with the ONDC network app?
- 10. Are there any costs associated with using the ONDC network app?
ONDC network is a government-backed initiative designed to reshape the Indian ecommerce landscape. Launched in December 2022, ONDC network aims to onboard millions of small and medium-sized businesses to sell on ONDC network. The democratic open network eliminates platform-centric limitations and enables sellers to do business on their own terms
For buyers, the ONDC network is a unified platform where they can connect directly with pan-India sellers and buy from them.
In simple terms, the open network enables sellers and buyers across India to connect directly to sell and purchase products/services.
Traditional e-commerce platforms like Amazon, Flipkart, Ajio, etc are platform-centric. When sellers want to sell their products on these platforms, they have to pay a hefty commission amount for each order which ranges between 25%-35% of the total cost. Plus, when merchants sell their products on any other platform-centric marketplaces, they have to follow the rules and policies decided by those marketplaces.
ONDC network does away with the limitations of marketplaces and provides an open network where sellers can register via any ONDC network seller app and sell their products to pan-India buyers. When sellers sell on the open network, they can have their own rules related to price, delivery time, return, refund, cancellation, etc. Also, the sellers pay a fraction of commissions as compared to popular marketplaces leaving them with a better profit margin.
Let's see how the ONDC network is different from the buyer's perspective,
Buyers have to switch multiple apps to buy different products, on the other hand, they can get everything at the same place when they buy on ONDC network, using any ONDC network buyer app. Aside from this, buyers get to see products from hyper-local sellers first and can thus get faster delivery when they choose local sellers.
Selling on ONDC network offers several benefits to sellers. It includes:
- Easy onboarding process.
- One-time registration to be discoverable on any ONDC network buyer app
- Wider discoverability of the products.
- Less commissions.
- Low or zero upfront cost depending on the seller app they choose
- Availability of a diverse range of on-network logistic partners.
- Access to customer analytics to make strategic business decisions.
- Opportunity to do business on their own terms
- Reputation transfer when switching from one ONDC network seller app to another.
To start selling on ONDC network, sellers have to register on the ONDC network through any ONDC network seller app like the Mystore seller app.
Steps to start selling on ONDC network via Mystore
- Go to https://seller.mystore.in/en/
- Add your GSTIN and bank account details
- Register on ONDC network
- List your products
- Get order
- Connect with on-network logistic partners for hassle-free delivery
- Receive payment in your registered account number
One-time registration gives lifetime accessibility to ONDC network. Plus the products listed on the seller app are discoverable to all customers who search for them, irrespective of which buyer app the buyer use.
5. Is using the ONDC network app for sellers difficult to use? How can sellers manage day-to-day business with the app?
Selling on ONDC network is a hassle-free process. It's quite easy to manage day-to-day business with the ONDC network app. When you sell on ONDC network, it eliminates the challenges commonly faced while selling on popular e-commerce marketplaces.
ONDC network seller apps like Mystore provide all the advanced features to smoothly manage your daily business and grow it.
Here are some of the features:
- Zero upfront cost
- Easy-to-use interface
- Multilingual admin panel
- Built on the latest tech stack
- Less commission
- Seamless migration from other platforms
- Secure and reliable stores
- Sell directly to your customers
- Set prices, and manage returns, refunds, cancellations, etc
- 20+ on-network logistic partners to manage your delivery
Yes, businesses of every scale and size can leverage ONDC network. Touted as UPI for e-commerce, ONDC network provides equal opportunity to businesses of each size and scale to leverage the democratic open network.
ONDC network is a GOI-backed initiative that provides a discrimination-free environment and provides equal space to SMEs, enterprise D2C brands, and large B2B businesses to sell their products and services.
ONDC network is testing exports and very soon enterprise and B2B brands can also begin exports if they fulfill the stipulated criteria.
Buying on ONDC network offers several benefits to buyers, it includes
- Open network to buy diverse products at one common platform
- Connectivity to all India sellers
- Competitive pricing as sellers pass low commission profit to buyers.
- Quick delivery from hyper-local sellers
- Unified buying experience
ONDC network app is completely secure. It provides two steps authentication to provide complete privacy and security to all sellers and buyers.
ONDC network app from Mystore is PCI-DSS compliant application that is completely secure to use.
To start buying on ONDC network, users have to download an ONDC network buyer app like the Mystore buyer app.
Steps to start buying on ONDC network
- Download any ONDC network buyer app and add your location
- Explore a diverse range of products and sellers
- Select product/seller
- Order product
- Make payment
- Track order to monitor your order status
- Buy in your preferred language between English, Hindi, and Kannada with the Mystore Buyer app.
ONDC network is a government-backed initiative that aims to provide a discrimination-free platform to sellers of every size and scale. To start selling on the open network, sellers have to register on ONDC network using any ONDC network seller app.
To access the ONDC network for selling purposes, sellers have to pay low or zero upfront costs depending on the seller app they choose.
Sellers can sell their products on ONDC network via Mystore Seller app with zero upfront cost.
For Buyers, ONDC network is completely free. They just need to download any ONDC network buyer app like the Mystore buyer app and they are all set to explore and shop.
The ONDC network app is revolutionizing the e-commerce landscape in India by offering an open network that connects sellers, buyers, and service providers. Sell on ONDC network to get numerous benefits, including increased discoverability, freedom of choice, unified experiences, and enhanced profitability to buyers.
Buyers, on the other hand, gain access to a vast marketplace, personalized choices, and an enriched shopping experience.
Register on ONDC networkusing the Mystore seller app or Mystore buyer app today and explore the possibilities offered by the ONDC network app to transform your e-commerce journey.